Standard warm up, 8 Minutes to complete:
400m Run/Row or 1000m Bike, 5 forward PVC Rollouts, 5 reverse PVC rollouts, 15 PVC Overhead Squats, 5 Inch Worms + 2 Shoulder Taps at top and bottom, 20 Seal Jumping Jacks, 5 Piked Push-Ups, 5 Strict Chin-Ups, 15 second hollow body hold, 15 second arch body hold, practice kicking up to handstand in remaining time
Strict Pull-Up Routine
EMOM 6 of:
- Min 1: 3 Wide strict pull-ups (a hands width outside of regular grip)
- Min 2: 3 Regular grip strict pull-ups (slightly wider than shoulder width)
- Min 3: 3 Narrow grip strict pull-ups (a hands length inside of shoulder width)
- Min 4: 3 Mixed grip strict pull-ups (left hand over, right hand under)
- Min 5: 3 Mixed grip strict pull-ups (right hand over, left hand under)
- Min 6: 3 Strict Chin-ups (palms facing you)
Barbell hang clean warm-up (6-8 minutes)
- Hang Squat Cleans (95/135)
- Ring Dips
Why Do This Workout? Improve your upper body strength and pull up strength. Improve your lower body pulling and squatting work capacity.
Duration and Feel: Part 1 with EMOM 6 will clearly take 6 minutes. You should have about 40+ seconds of rest each minute. The countdown WOD should take between 9 and 15 minutes. You should have a weight on the bar you can do 5 hang squat cleans with. If you can’t then it’s too heavy and you need to decrease the weight. Same goes for The dips, the set of 15 shouldn’t take you more than 3 sets so be able to do 5 or more reps.
Specific warm-up focus: Technique and muscle group work for the movements. For example: close grip push up for dips and dip technique, RDLs and front squats plus technique for hang cleans. Scap pull ups for the chin ups / pull ups.
Scaling Options: Lighter weight on the barbell for the hang cleans. Ring dips, to dip bar dips, to using a band with the dip bar, then to using paralettes for the dips. If you can’t quite do a pull ups, try to use a band doing the same grip variations above for the pull ups.