We already know that the media portrays things in a manner that is misleading to the general public – including nutrition. You see tons of posts that show “perfect bodies” and “quick results” because they are luring you in as a customer.
They want to sell you their supplements, their program, videos, containers, juices, etc. While there is nothing wrong with individuals creating a business for themselves in an effort to also help people achieve their goals, you need to ask, is this good for ME?
How can you tell the difference between a health-focused program and a get fit quick scheme?
Here are a few things to avoid in a nutrition program:
- If a program is promising more than 30+ pounds of weight loss in a month
- Taking pills instead of addressing your food choices and portion control
- Excluding whole food groups
- Starving yourself
- Replacing the majority of your food with supplements or drinks
When choosing a nutrition plan, you should look for something that promotes overall health through slow, sustainable progress. Programs that claim more than 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week put you at risk of losing MUSCLE not FAT.
It is also not realistic to become more healthy without making changes to your nutrition and/or exercise habits. You are more successful when you pair working out with a change in nutrition, not to mention there are so many other benefits to working out.
So what should you look for when choosing a program?
- Simple steps to create habits that stick
- A coach that uses a holistic approach – achieving a healthy lifestyle isn’t just about what you eat (You need to address sleep, support system, mindset, stress management, lifestyle, exercise, and, of course, nutrition)
- A program that is paired with or encourages exercise
Don’t get caught up in doing a program that isn’t meant to last or that encourages weight loss at any cost to your overall health.
Before starting, ask yourself “Will this program teach me how to get the weight off and keep it off without causing harm to my body?”
Want to learn more about how wellness coaching can help you? Check out this article.
Want to take action towards your health fitness goals in 2023?
We can help!
Just take the first step by scheduling a free No Sweat Intro Consultation HERE.
We look forward to starting your fitness journey soon!
Leave A Comment